Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thesaurus.com : Most Worthless Reference Site


EVER. This site, once useful for finding great synonyms to shove into papers produced for college professors in sweat shop conditions, now reduced to a site that continuously gives me the phrase "hot poop" as a synonym for "information". I'm not sure that (a) word(s) taken from a skinny white guy posing as a cool rapper in front of his friends constitutes as a good word (choice) substitution in a college level paper... or any situation for that matter. I just don't get it... not a single good suggestion. Try it yourself. They don't seem to be in any hurry to fix these results from the Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus for which I can easily Cite This Source. Who cares if the word sucks? "Poop" wasn't the only word completely useless on that specific page (trust me "information" isn't the only word). Although "poop" was on the page 3 times, 95.6% of the other words made no sense and did not help. This site has seriously gone down the tubes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just so stunned with the terrible results I got at thesaurus.com that I googled "thesaurus.com has gone down" and came across this post.

Forget the matter problems with one word. The whole site has gone down in a matter of weeks. Gone are the pages of helpful synonyms and also the site is full of shabby advertisements.

It has apparently been sold or at least abandoned.