Sunday, March 05, 2006

16 Blocks - 3.5 of 5 Stars

Yesterday, my friends and I went out for lunch and a movie as well as a Wal-Mart run. What would college kids do without Wal-Mart? We'd be forced to visit 4 or 5 stores to obtain all of the goods that we need.

Anyways, we caught the 3:45 matinee showing of 16 Blocks. It was a pretty good movie. Although the voice of one of the main characters (Mos Def) made me want to stab out my eardrums, you soon learn to ignore it and simply make fun of him. It kind of made me sad for him to think that was his real voice. That can't do much for his ability to pick up chicks. At least he has this acting career. Else, I think he would be any other wierdo guy you see on the street. I really hope that he was creating this voice, but logic tells me he wasn't... because... why would they want him to talk like that? Between that and the apparent psychic abilities of the 'bad cops' where they could find two guys trying to sneak their way through New York City, there was actually a good movie. I don't know how those guys seemed to find Bruce Willis and Mos Def, either they've lived in NYC for WAY too long, or they should seriously consider joining the Have You Seen Me? Search Group and put their powers to good use. Of course, although there was much suspense, everything turns out fine in the end. Have fun with this movie and shove aside these minor falls and the few plot holes and enjoy this pretty decent movie.

No comments: