Sunday, January 15, 2006

Computers dot dot dot


This week, I was finally able to get my computer back together and running to my specifications. Finally. I thought that was gonna end up as an ordeal, and really, it did, but all is fine. After shocking my last motherboard boasting an AMD Athlon XP 2600+, I've been left to using my centrino laptop as my main mode of computing. Not all that bad, but since I use my computer as a Media Center for watching TV, I was left without a portal to the outside world.

Now I am running a AMD Athlon 64bit 3700+ held up by an ASUS A8V-Deluxe motherboard. This mobo is really the last of its breed having a ton of features and supurb overclocking ability as well as highlighting the diminishing AGP architecture. After looking high and low all over the Internet, I was forced to buy it from ebay due to the out-of-stock messages that I kept getting. I can say that I am very happy. Finally a computer to really have some guts to drive my nice dual screen display setup. For the first time in my life, I have a really nice computer. It's about time, since, as a computer science major, I should have some good hardware.

For you technical gurus, specs:
AMD 3700+ Athlon 64bit @ 2200Mhz Stock w/1MB L2 cache
*Current overclocking status: 10% over stock
Thermal Take Big Typhoon Passive Watercooling Super Quiet CPU Cooler
2000 MB (2*1GB) DDR400 SuperTalent DDR
200GB Seagate UDMA
250GB Seagate UDMA
160GB Seagate UDMA
160GB Maxtor UDMA
160GB Hitachi SATA
NEC Dual Layer CD 16x DVD+-RW
Optorite CD-RW 48x (broken? bah, 19$)
ATI X700 Pro AGP 8x Graphics card w/256MB GDDR
UltraTV Tuner M150 from Avermedia
Microsoft MCE Windows SP2
2*19" 12ms Liquid Crystal Displays 1-DVI 1-DSUB
Logitech 5.1 Optical Z5500 Surround
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse
and 1 big ass mouse pad

No comments: